Re: [ontolog-forum] Proposal for UBL Ontology Project

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Jon Bosak <Jon.Bosak@xxxxxxx>
From: Farrukh Najmi <farrukh.najmi@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 12:58:47 -0500
I too like this idea.    (01)

A good way to do a virtual project is to do an open source project.    (02)

I would like to propose that the proposed UBL ontologies be managed
using ebXML Registry as an Ontology Server. There are many interesting
features that an ebXML Registry has to offer as an ontology server. A
partial list includes:    (03)

-Content specific automatic validation and cataloging whenever new
content is submitted    (04)

-Ad hoc discovery capabilities    (05)

-Distributed content management    (06)

-Digital certificate based authentication    (07)

-Fine grained access control using XACML    (08)

If any one is interested in this idea then please let me know as I would
like to collaborate with them to get such a project started within open
source.    (09)

--
Regards,
Farrukh    (010)