Re: [ontolog-forum] Proposal for UBL Ontology Project

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Jon Bosak <Jon.Bosak@xxxxxxx>
From: Norma Slattery <nslatter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 12:34:19 -0500
I think this is an excellent idea.  Virtual projects might be difficult,
but this is certainly worthwhile and I would like to participate as a
doctoral student researching how best to implement ontologies, how to
incorporate them into a broader systems engineering process, and
identifying guidance (e.g., rules of thumb) to support decision makers,
e.g., program managers, sponsors of systems.    (01)

I would suggest another goal to the list below:
- Identify appropriate metrics to measure and capture those measures during
this project (as a starting point to developing guidance).    (02)

r/Norma
Technical Staff, MITRE Corporation
703.883-7491
PhD Student @ Geo. Mason Univ's School of IT and Engineering, Fairfax, VA    (03)