Re: [ontolog-forum] Proposal for UBL Ontology Project

To: cassidy@xxxxxxxxx, ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Jon.Bosak@xxxxxxx
From: MDaconta@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 13:15:27 EST
In a message dated 3/4/2003 10:58:35 AM US Mountain Standard Time, pcassidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

   If anyone already has a freely available application
that could be adapted to using such an ontology, I hope that
we can all get a copy.  Otherwise, are there any programmers
with experience in building ontology-driven applications who
could help build one for this  project?

I fully agree that a non-trivial application is required that demonstrates
practical use of the ontology.  This is part of the broader requirement to
define some use-cases for the ontology.  As a developer, I am willing to volunteer
for such an effort.

One idea would be to join Farrukh in adding Ontology support to the
ebXML registry.

- Mike
Michael C. Daconta
Chief Scientist, Advanced Programs Group
McDonald Bradley, Inc.
www.daconta.net