Re: [ontolog-forum] Proposal for UBL Ontology Project

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: MDaconta@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 11:44:43 EST
In a message dated 3/3/2003 6:48:48 PM US Mountain Standard Time, lobrst@xxxxxxxxx writes:

We've initially identified Protege because it's free, open-source itself,
pretty versatile. Unfortunately, I am not aware of concurrent ontology
development tools (though VerticalNet originally was developing such), which
would be nicer.

I would also recommend protege.  We are using it now, in conjunction
with the OntoViz plugin, and find it adequate.  Though I am not familiar
with all the available plugins, I believe this choice would set the representation
language as RDFS as that is what protege produces.

- Mike
Michael C. Daconta
Chief Scientist, Advanced Programs Group
McDonald Bradley, Inc.
www.daconta.net