OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2010-04-30    (2DLC)

Conference Call Details:    (2DLD)

Attendees    (2DRT)

Agenda Ideas:    (2DSB)

please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)    (2DSC)

Agenda & Proceedings    (2DSK)

1. Meeting called to order:    (2DSL)

2. Roll Call:    (2DSP)

3. Status Review and Discussion:    (2DST)

  1. (introduced by AlexGarcia) ImmanuelNormann, VyacheslavZholudev and ChristophLange will tell us about their work on ontology repository versioning mechanisms    (2DT9)
  2. organization and planning status on the Joint OOR-NCBO-Ontolog "IPR" Panel Sessions ... and picking dates for the session(s) - PeterYim, CameronRoss, Dave Rubenson    (2DTB)
  3. organization and planning status on the two tracks of the "Content" Panel Sessions ... and picking new labels and dates - PatCassidy & DeniseBedford    (2DTC)
  4. reports on member activities that are OOR-related    (2DTE)
    • OOR-sandbox status    (2DTF)
    • code repository status    (2DZG)
      • Mike: will work on starting the trunk before the end of the week    (2DZO)
      • will start by migrating the BBN trunk over (which is based on BioPortal v2.1) where the BBN federation codes    (2DZP)
      • will add KenBaclawski as a repository admin    (2DZQ)
    • NCBO    (2DZC)
    • NEU    (2DTG)
      • Ken: active and busy    (2DZT)
      • gatekeeping code almost ready, will add when new repository is up    (2DZU)
    • BBN    (2DTH)
      • Mike: no new update    (2DZV)
    • Bremen    (2DTI)
      • John: no new update    (2DZY)
    • UToronto    (2DTJ)
    • Ryerson    (2DTK)
      • Bart: just got an OOR instance up and running on a VMware instance    (2DZZ)
      • suggest if someone can make vm image available to ease installation    (2E00)
        • Ken: have a student who is trying to simplify the installation, hopefully, there will be less installation issues after that (will have more to report in a couple of weeks)    (2E01)
        • after this weekend's upgrade, Ken will try to get an image of the new install (Tomcat 6, java 6, BioPortal core v2.4)    (2E02)
    • Mathet    (2DTL)
    • SOCoP    (2DZD)
    • MMI    (2DZH)
      • Ken: I'm talking to the MMI and will try to get efforts (in relation to OOR) coordinated    (2E03)
    • Use Cases    (2DTM)
    • SIO    (2DTN)
    • Outreach - FOIS, ORES10, SemTech, ...    (2DTO)
      • see reports ref. FOIS (Leo, John), ORES10 (Alex, Christoph) & SemTech (Mike, Todd, Peter) below    (2E0K)
      • AlexGarcia, KenBaclawski and MikeDean will explore proposing a workshop (similar to ORES) at ISWC - Nov. 2010, Shanghai - May 7 is deadline for workshop proposal.    (2E0H)
        • Alex will take lead and do a first draft of the proposal    (2E0L)
        • Peter will check with Natasha to see if they might be proposal a similar workshop for ISWC 2010    (2E0J)
    • Funding    (2DTP)
      • Ken: NSF OCI-STCI proposal submmitted    (2E04)
      • Alex: exploring a G8 possibility ... will keep everyone posted    (2E0I)

... some of the items below are from the previous call(s), and will be updated as we progressed on this meeting.    (2DTT)

4. New Issues:    (2DVP)

5. Any Other Business:    (2DVQ)

6. Action items:    (2DVR)

7. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:    (2DVS)

 notes taken by: PeterYim / 2010.04.30-10:29am PDT
 All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.    (2DW1)

Resources    (2DW2)