[uos-convene] requested comment on the communique

To: Upper Ontology Summit convention <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Adam Pease <apease@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 13:44:13 -0800
Folks,
   Peter Yim asked for my comment on the communique:    (01)

Rephrase
[6] Candidate conceptual building blocks can now be found in several
upper ontologies, reflecting decades of research and development.
as
[6] Several candidate upper ontologies are available, reflecting
decades of research and development.    (02)

Rephrase
[9] These upper ontologies should be rigorously and independently
evaluated and made publicly available. They must also be easy to use
and assess by developers of domain ontologies and applications.
as
[9] These upper ontologies should be rigorously and independently
evaluated.  Those that are not currently publicly available should be
made so. They must also be easy to use and assess by developers of
domain ontologies and applications.    (03)

Rephrase
[10] We do not advocate the development of a single monolithic upper
ontology that will be adequate for all needs. We will articulate the
reasons for the important differences in the upper ontologies.
as
[10] We will articulate the reasons for the important differences in
the upper ontologies.
Adam Pease
http://www.ontologyportal.org - Free ontologies and tools    (04)

Community Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UpperOntologySummit    (05)