Re: [uom-ontology-std] What is mass?

To: uom-ontology-std <uom-ontology-std@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 09:59:01 -0500
OK, reading back through the email trail, I think I now understand
your point (and your frustration). And for the record, I agree, we do
need kinds of quantities. And no, we are not obliged to define them.
And while UCUM and VIM are clearly based on different philosophies, I
think they are technically consistent. UCUM talks of units and nothing
else, and we can keep that purity within a larger ontology while not
allowing the ~UCUM~ equivalences to have poisonous consequences
elsewhere.    (01)

Pat    (02)

On Sep 28, 2009, at 9:44 AM, Pat Hayes wrote:    (03)

phayesAT-SIGNihmc.us       http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes    (05)