Re: [uom-ontology-std] What is mass?

To: uom-ontology-std <uom-ontology-std@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: ravi sharma <drravisharma@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 21:50:01 -0400
Well put, let us focus on the objective.

On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 7:51 PM, Weber, Martin S. <martin.weber@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Pat Hayes:
> Um... as I recall from the telecon presentation, UCUM treats angle as
> a physical dimension, so this entire debate is beside the point. There
> is a *unit* distinction between angle and count; angle is not
> dimensionless in UCUM. Very sensible move.

Uh well, reading the semantics of UCUM IIUC angle and count are
different units but they are not different dimensions. About them
being different units and thus the debate being beside the point:
Don't be so difficult :D If you prefer it, then let's talk about newton-meter
vs. newton-meter. Oh. Am I talking about two different things here?
Do I need a (kind of, +) quantity here? When you're done redefining
physics, metrology, and the VIM, reknitted the SI, abolished some
units of measure in use, and introduced others, ... someone
will tell me whether I'm talking about torque or something different.

I'm sorry guys, but sometimes I get the impression you wanna tackle
the world and not creating a standard ontology for units of measure
and their necessary related concepts. Do you expect all the users of
the ontology understand all of the underlying concepts?

--
Thanks.
Ravi