Re: [uom-ontology-std] Foundations of Measurement

To: uom-ontology-std <uom-ontology-std@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: bateman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 13:46:50 +0200

In case I haven't done this before, I would recommend the following
dissertation:    (01)

Probst, F. (2007) Semantic Reference Systems for Observations and
Measurements. PhD Thesis, University of Münster    (02)

http://ifgi.uni-muenster.de/~probsfl/publications/PROBST-Thesis-SemanticReferenceSystemsForObservationsAndMeasurements.pdf    (03)

for an embedding of measurement (as such) within foundational
ontology. Many of the issues on this thread are addressed there
on the foundational side. The link with established standards
needs to be taken further still.    (04)

John Bateman.    (05)