Re: [uom-ontology-std] FW: Quantity kinds

To: "uom-ontology-std" <uom-ontology-std@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rijgersberg, Hajo" <Hajo.Rijgersberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 23:10:37 +0200
Dear David, dear all,    (01)

Thanks for all the links to the VIM document. I highly appreciate that and I
have read the document with great interest.    (02)

I'll come back in a later stage on the issue of the different kinds of
quantities.    (03)

A measure, to my opnion, is what in VIM, I think, is called magnitude.
Examples: 3 kg, 4 m, 5 s, etc. So, it is a construct that consists of a number
and a unit (a unit *of measure* actually!).    (04)

Maybe I shoud have said that a quantity is like a *property*: it can refer
(directly or indirectly via other quantities) to a measure. I agree that it is
good to ignore time in the discussion.    (05)

Best regards, Hajo    (06)