Re: [uom-ontology-std] Foundations of Measurement

To: uom-ontology-std <uom-ontology-std@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ed Barkmeyer <edbark@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 12:00:19 -0400
John F. Sowa wrote:
> Physicians take an oath, "First do no harm" (Primum non nocere).
> I believe that ontologists should take a similar oath.
>       (01)

As my father in law used to say, "and people in hell want ice water."
Ontologists at least are not yet able to do significant harm.  We should
only wish that all software engineers would take such an oath.  Windows
exemple gratia magis nocitus quam benefactus est.  :-(    (02)

-Ed    (03)

Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8263                FAX: +1 301-975-4694    (04)

 and have not been reviewed by any Government authority."    (05)