Re: [uom-ontology-std] retitled: magnitude of a quantity

To: uom-ontology-std <uom-ontology-std@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mike Bennett <mbennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 14:12:48 +0100
I agree with Pat. On a similar line, there are places where you would
want to refer to the value of something, for example the value of the
current London Interbank Offer Rate, as part of the terms for a
financial instrument. On the day, that would have a value (in
percentage; there are similar terms that would have a value denominated
in Dollars for example). But in the security terms, which will certainly
form data elements in a database or message, there is the need to refer
to the concept of the thing that can be measured.    (01)

I'm sure there are other data ontologies that include terms that specify
measurable things.    (02)

Mike    (03)

--
Mike Bennett