Re: [oor-forum] OOR Logo Poll (first round) - Results: TwoFinalistsEmerg

To: "OpenOntologyRepository-discussion" <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Yuriy Milov" <qdone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 12:01:50 -0400
Hi All,

Thanks to Ali who provided a great design for his finalist logo.

Being responsible for promotion of my logo idea which was also nominated as a finalist I used Ali's design as a basis to represent my logo in few different colors and forms

As we planned to have just one logo submitted on the final round I ask for advice before I submit the logo to vote.

My comment to advertise the logo is the next:

I beleive that my logo idea is simple enough to be close to set of recognized simbols. At the same time it "hides" OOR letters, provides a visual feeling of openness,  and have a triplet reference (three points of touch and triangle inside)

See the logo variations attached.

Yuri