Re: [oor-forum] OOR Logo Poll (first round) - Results: TwoFinalists Emer

To: Ali Hashemi <ali@xxxxxxxxx>, Yuriy Milov <qdone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 06:55:33 -0700
Thank you, Ali.    (01)

AA.  May I suggest, then, you enter this as one design (and we vote on
that as one choice) ... specifying    (02)

1. there will be variation on the design to accommodate different
applications, such as    (03)

1.1  your (final) choice of a logo color, font, and, of course
graphics ... in the two formats: with the OOR acronym, as well as that
with the fully extended name.    (04)

1.2  that you (optionally) also present the use of that logo in line
art, grey scale, or even allow variation to your choice of color (say,
in the case of a drop-in to the BioPortal software)    (05)

BB.  Now (just for your consideration) my personal choice, among the
fonts and layouts you offered, I think the one in the "oorgreen"
design looks best (coherent, well proportioned and most intelligible
... I'd rather not see the OOR characters spread too wide apart.) As
for colors, I know the drop in (for the existing code) should be blue,
but I do like you Olive color the best too (I guess "green" is in!)    (06)

I hope you can still see this message, and make a response if the
above arrangement for your submission of this as ONE design sounds ok
to you (even if you will not be able to work on anything else,
graphically, until after Jun-6.    (07)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy    (08)

p.s.  Yuri: you might consider the above too ... in particular, having
a submission with something that is suitable for a drop-in for the
OOR-sandbox (ref. how the current "BioPortal" Logo is implemented at:
http://bioportal.bioontology.org/) would be most useful.  =ppy