Re: [oor-forum] Solicitation for an OOR Logo

To: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 12:11:30 -0700
Hi Everyone,    (01)

Further to exchanges on this thread and all the contributions that is now
on: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR_Logo_Candidates    (02)

... This is a REMINDER that today is the LAST DAY for submission of
candidate logos for the OOR Initiative.    (03)

  [ JohnSowa: if you still want your "sowa-1" idea (ref.
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR_Logo_Candidates#nid2THD )
considered, please send in some graphics today (even if hand sketched,
and scanned or digitally photographed.) Otherwise, it will not be
included as a candidate. ]    (04)

After submission is closed, we will go through a first round of voting
to shortlist two selections, that we will further tweak (we suggest,
original design tweaks at his discretion) and then vote to adopt one,
as described in my last message.    (05)

Since we did not talk about "how" we shall vote, I am suggesting the
following process:    (06)

1.  Anyone in the wider community (anyone subscribed to any list on
the ontolog mailman system, including those on [ontolog-invitation]
and [iaoa-general], which include non-members of Ontolog or IAOA as
well) and is willing to vote, gets one vote.    (07)

2.  those who are on the [oor-forum] list (which delineates members of
the OOR Initiative) gets another vote.    (08)

3.  those who submitted at least one candidate logo (even if it was
withdrawn) gets another vote.    (09)

4.  those who have attended at least one OOR meeting in the last 6
months, get another vote. There have been 15 sessions in all,
including the Summit post-session on 2011.04.19,  between 19-Nov-2010
to 13-May-2011 (and you should know who you are, since we will be
going by an honor system)    (010)

5.  (this is more for the spammers) anyone doesn't qualify will have
their vote(s) removed (even if they voted.)    (011)

Barring objections, I will create an online form where people could go
in, first identify how many votes they are good for, and then vote
accordingly (e.g. if you can cast 3 votes, then you can vote for 3
candidates ... you won't be able to cast all 3 votes onto one
candidate, unfortunately.)    (012)

Comments, further suggestions are welcome ... but please send them in
within the next 8 hours.    (013)

Regards.  =ppy    (014)

p.s.  if you attend tomorrow's "OOR Metadata-II" session, that would
count too! It's unfortunate that we have a hard stop after 1-hour in
tomorrow's session; however, if we can squeeze out a little time, we
could still talk about this for a few minutes at the session tomorrow.
Developing session details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_05_13
--    (015)