Re: [oor-forum] Solicitation for an OOR Logo

To: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 08:49:34 -0400
Ali,    (01)

I like "oor boolean2.png" for the following reasons:    (02)

  1. The little lattice is pretty, simple, and distinctive.    (03)

  2. You can detach the graphic part from the title for use
     as an easily recognizable and clickable icon.    (04)

  3. You can combine a larger version of the graphic with the
     title "Open Ontology Repository" for a banner headline.    (05)

But I would prefer a blue background for the banner and for the
clickable icon.  You might try switching the colors of the
small circles and the background.    (06)

I would also avoid blanks in file names.  That was a Microsoft
ploy intended to create troubles for Unix (but it also creates
trouble for MSFT).  It's much better to close up the blanks and
capitalize the letter after each blank.    (07)

And by the way, I have found that .gif files are processed more
consistently by a wider range of software, and they often take
fewer bytes than .png files.  Open Source advocates tended to
avoid .gif files when they were still under patent, but the
patents have now expired.    (08)