Re: [oor-forum] Defining "Ontology Repository" (maybe "OntologyRegistry"

To: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: dbedford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 11:34:17 -0500
All,    (01)

I apologize for raising the concern - given what Dennis has described, would it
be possible to modify the description to read...    (02)

"An ontology repository is a facility where ontologies and related
information artifacts can be stored, retrieved and/or managed."    (03)

The insertion of the word "or" would make the definition acceptable to me.
Without it, perhaps it will exclude some legitimate repository architectures.  I
believe that 'retrieved' could be read to mean referenced.    (04)

Best regards,
Denise    (05)