Re: [ontology-summit] Ontolog Ontology of Ontologies

To: Ontology Summit 2014 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: John McClure <jmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 16:39:29 -0800
What would an "integrating" ontology actually look like? I mean basically we're naming ontology design patterns here, correct? With the idea of aligning said patterns? In this case, I'm hearing an "integrating" ontology is composed of nothing but owl:imports, does not define its own classes, properties or individuals? Whether that's "integrating" may be in the eye of the beholder but what is certain is that it's totally derived from other ontologies, a useful factoid when trying to sort one's way through a thicket.

thx/jmc