Re: [ontology-summit] The tools are not the problem (yet)

To: "Ontology Summit 2014 discussion" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "doug foxvog" <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 02:25:18 -0500
On Fri, January 24, 2014 01:54, John McClure wrote:
> Hi Doug,
> + rules ... yes of course, thank you, I'm not a maven of axioms, yet.
>
> On naming conventions, I agree much until the last paragraph, as I worry
> about problems merging ontologies designed by different patterns (nouns
> v verbs),    (01)

I meant to indicate that i see problems with trying to integrate such
ontologies.  I was not suggesting that it be done.    (02)

I distinguish between ontology design patterns and naming systems.
Integrating ontologies with similar naming conventions but different
design patterns would be more difficult than integrating ontologies with
different naming conventions but similar design patterns.  Not that i am
recommending either.    (03)

-- doug foxvog    (04)