Re: [ontology-summit] Hackathon: BACnet Ontology

To: Ontology Summit 2013 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 09:01:40 -0700
> [DMP] Where does the Units of Measurement Ontology stand ...
> ... There is NO reason to reinvent the wheel as you say.    (01)

[ppy] Indeed! This is an active and fundamentally important area to
pursue. Many parties and SDO's are doing interesting work. Ref.
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UoM &
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UoM_Ontology_Standard ...
PatHayes and I, in collaboration with a bunch of others (OMG among
them) are planning to resume the OASIS QUOMOS TC work (ref.
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=quomos )
after this current OntologySummit is over.    (02)

As some of you might still remember, the abovementioned
UoM_Ontology_Standard effort that grew out of OntologySummit2009,
which then spun off to become the QUOMOS Technical Committee at OASIS
and is chartered to develop the CommonLogic-based ontology standard
for Quantities and Units of Measure at OASIS.    (03)

Regards. =ppy