Re: [ontology-summit] Clarification re Big Data Challenges Synthesis

To: Ontology Summit 2012 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 22:00:21 +0000
I used to consider blank nodes as just a kind of Skolemization (and one can
give a blank node a name easily enough), but I've seen many different
interpretations of blank nodes.    (01)

Here's a good recent paper:    (02)

Mallea, Alejandro; Marcelo Arenas; Aidan Hogan; and Axel Polleres. 2011. On
Blank Nodes. ISWC 2011. http://db.ing.puc.cl/amallea/papers/mahp-iswc2011.pdf.    (03)

Pat Hayes would be the one to ask about this.    (04)

Thanks,
Leo    (05)