Re: [ontology-summit] Concept Map of Ontology Entities/Elements

To: "'Venkata Ramayya'" <ramayyam@xxxxxx>
Cc: 'Ontology Summit 2012 discussion' <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: henson graves <henson.graves@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 13:13:42 -0600
Ramayya,
Not being an ordained member of the thread speaks well for you. Perhaps
somebody would volunteer for this task. I don't have any engineers or
students working for me any more so that is not an option. I am not sure I
buy that abstract to concrete is really a different axis than general to
specific. Perhaps you could give your reasons for this.     (01)

I do think that one definitely needs an upper ontology for manufacturing
where you can refer to both things like specification artifacts as well as
things manufactured. Certainly ontologies used to represent a factory and
the things it builds comes in multiple levels of generality - or
abstractness if they are distinct.    (02)

Interested to here further thoughts    (03)

- Henson    (04)