Re: [ontology-summit] Concept Map of Ontology Entities/Elements

To: "'John Bateman'" <bateman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 'Venkata Ramayya' <ramayyam@xxxxxx>, 'Ontology Summit 2012 discussion' <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: henson graves <henson.graves@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 14:11:10 -0600
A helpful discussion. However, I am sure that the ordained thread members
will fix that.    (01)

I find the combination of the hierarchies more attractive.    (02)

There may be a misunderstanding of what I was trying to say regarding
producing cars. All I was noting there is that both a specification for a
car and a manufactured car are artifacts in the physical world but they are
certainly different. The specification is an information object may be with
a paper realization, however a car is something else. For manufacturing a
lot of what needs to be represented is the relationship between cars and
their specifications, and plans to produce them, and methods used to test
them, etc. Car manufacturing enterprises product a lot of concrete
artifacts, mostly paper, that are not cars.    (03)