Re: [ontology-summit] INCOSE Ontology Action Group, onto SysML/UML

To: ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 00:02:14 -0500
On 3/2/2012 8:38 PM, Obrst, Leo J. wrote:
> Generally, religious wars over MY knowledge representation language
> and YOUR knowledge representation language are a waste of time and energy,
> and lead to hard feelings and enemy camps.    (01)

I very strongly agree.    (02)

My recommended policy is to integrate and support *everything* --
and the only systems I complain about are the ones that force
a fixed, one-size-fits-all paradigm on everything.    (03)

As I've said before, the *worst* feature of the Semantic Web
is the word 'Web'.  What we need are Semantic *Systems* that
accommodate everything and anything.    (04)