Re: [ontology-summit] Official Communique Feedback Thread

To: "'Ontology Summit 2011 discussion'" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Steve Ray" <steve.r.ray@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 13:12:12 -0700

Mike,

            It’s looking really good. Some specific suggestions:

1.    I strongly endorse the use of links where you have highlighted the words “Case Studies”, “Ontology Usage Framework”, etc. They should point straight to the relevant synthesis page on the wiki.

2.    One aspect of the Usage Framework is as a guide to help an ontologist find the most similar applications to one’s own. In this context, a user isn’t as interested in understanding the totality of applications as in finding material that can help his own advocacy.

Steven R. Ray, Ph.D.

Distinguished Research Fellow

Carnegie Mellon University

NASA Research Park