Re: [ontology-summit] conceptual modeling

To: Ontology Summit 2011 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mike Bennett <mbennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 13:31:50 +0000
That is a good way of putting it.    (01)

When people discover a new country they document their
discoveries in a recognised format which others can use to
navigate around that country without coming to grief on the
rocks. So yes, it's not just discovering, it's making those
discoveries explicit and computable by way of some recognised
model formalism.    (02)

Mike    (03)

>>> http://www.informationjunction.co.uk/
>>> http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/
>>>
>>> This email originates from Information Junction Ltd. Registered in
> England
>>> and Wales No. 6632177.
>>> Registered office: 2 Brookside, Meadow Way, Letchworth Garden City,
>>> Hertfordshire, SG6 3JE.

>>> Community Files:
> http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2011/
>>> Community Wiki:
> http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2011
>>> Community Portal: http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki/

Mike Bennett
Director
Hypercube Ltd.
89 Worship Street
London EC2A 2BF
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7917 9522
Mob: +44 (0) 7721 420 730
www.hypercube.co.uk
Registered in England and Wales No. 2461068    (05)