Re: [ontology-summit] Invitation to a brainstorming call for the 2011 On

To: Eliana Demarques <eademarques@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ontology Summit 2011 <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 15:40:48 -0800
Hello Eliana,    (01)

Thank you for your response ...    (02)

> [ED]  Would not want to delete my name from the group ...    (03)

[ppy]  no, we are not removing anyone. In fact, the message I posted
provides details on how people who want to remove themselves from the
list to do it themselves (because one person did ask that question.)    (04)

> [ED]  I would therefore like to suggest changes in the current system
> to improve the interactivity and dialogue among its members ...    (05)

[ppy]  good ... please suggest what changes you would like to see.
Ontolog being a volunteer community, try to think of things that are
implementatble, though (... we would especially welcome suggestions
for which you will also deliver the implementation/solution to the
community as well.    (06)

> [ED]   I, for example, had great difficulty settings for video conferencing
>...    (07)

[ppy]  we actually *do not do* video conferencing. Two of the main
platforms upon which we have a lot of community interaction, are:    (08)

(a)  mailing list discussion - and for that, one would only need an
Internet connection and a working email.    (09)

(b) virtual panel discussions - for that, only a phone and an Internet
browser would suffice.
... And, additionally, people who don't have time to participate in
real time, can actually participate asynchronously (after the event.)    (010)

I am not sure if I can comprehend your entire message, but I totally
share your sentiment about being inclusive, and we do strive to attain
that.    (011)

Regards.  =ppy
--    (012)