[ontology-summit] Dealing with the Surge in List Traffic [was - Re: Invi

To: Ontology Summit 2011 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 19:33:31 -0800
Thank you, Chris and Kathy, for helping explain some of the options
and consequences.    (01)

All,    (02)

Further to my administrivia post yesterday (see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2010-12/msg00005.html )
...    (03)

All delivered messages also carry a footer (please look at the bottom
of, say, this message) which says:    (04)

//
//    (05)

Therefore, (besides what Chris Menzel has already prompted in the
earlier message) another way to "unsubscribe" is to just send a blank
message (from your subscribing email address) to:
<ontology-summit-leave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, the system will send out a
verification message, and upon the person's confirmation one will be
removed from the list.    (06)

However, before you unsubscribe, please be aware that there are other,
and better, options. Also available (besides having each and every
message be sent to you inbox) are "digest" or "no mail" delivery
modes. Therefore, if one wants to stay in the community, but not be
inundated by the message traffic, he/she can configure himself/herself
to those delivery modes; better still (as discussed before) set up a
filter on your mail client to put these messages away (say, to a
separate folder) so one can read them when it is more convenient to
him/her. ... ref. also:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2007-02/msg00023.html    (07)

Please email me offline if there are further questions that are
specific to an individual case (rather than being of general interest
to the community,) so we can leave this list to focus on the
OntologySummit2011 discourse (as much as we can.)    (08)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy