Re: [ontology-summit] founding members meeting' , ownership of 'open ont

To: "'Ontology Summit 2008'" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Benson" <Peter.Benson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 08:23:59 -0400

Thank you Denise; welcome everyone to the world of Intellectual Property, and the second the enclosure movement (see Boyle); attached is a copy of a somewhat old but still relevant white paper on the subject. I am not a lawyer and you would be advised to obtain (purchase) an “opinion letter” from the learned brethren if you are looking to enforce intellectual property as falsely claiming to own is as bad as taking what you do not own.

For my part everything I contribute to any form is in the public domain, I believe this also hold for employees of the federal government.

Regards,

Peter Benson

Executive Director and Chief Technical Officer

Electronic Commerce Code Management Association (ECCMA)

peter.benson@xxxxxxxxx

P: +1 610 861 5990

F: +1 610 861 5992

Mobile: +1 610 462 5923

Accurate descriptions start with ISO 8000-100 quality master data