Re: [ontology-summit] [ontology-summit-org] Proposed Process anddraft su

To: Ontology Summit 2007 Forum <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Lisa <lisadawncolvin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:47:41 -0800 (PST)
While I see that collecting artifacts may be difficult for some corporate
communities (who
wouldn't normally share such objects), I believe that sharing vocabularies can
be beneficial as
the ontolog community has grown dramatically from its initial
academic/government-based community.    (01)

While we can continue to discuss the boundaries of what constitutes a formal
ontology, it will be
useful (for the practitioners in the corporate world at least) to understand
what other
communities consider ontologies to be in order to faciliate communication
between the various
communities.    (02)

However, I do understand the point that it may be difficult to place a
practitioner's simple gloss
into the more rigorously-defined dimensions-aspects framework.    (03)

Lisa
--- Steve Ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    (04)