Re: [ontolog-forum] SME (subject matter experts) and Ontology developmen

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Thomas Johnston'" <tmj44p@xxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <Rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 15:24:31 -0700

Matthew, Thomas, John, Pat,

Software engineering for DoD, for defense contractors, and for commercial businesses had the same historic profile.  Loads of fun early on, when individuals were more able to solve problems in wide sweeping ways.  Then the management models for software engineering got enough constraints around the problem to make it uninspiring, expensive, and nearly always late.  And with less quality to boot.  But they have declared that a success because they can control it now, and that is indeed a kind of success for the managers.

The number of lines per month per programmer got ridiculously low when the documentation loads built up, and the quality of the software, in my opinion, went down as well as the management of software engineers got sweat shop like.  Every field tends to get more and more focused on less and less.

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper,

Rich Cooper,

www DOT EnglishLogicKernel DOT com