Re: [ontolog-forum] Semantics for interoperable systems

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 12:22:03 -0500
On 2/24/15 9:25 AM, John F Sowa wrote:
> But the number of interesting wikis and systems for LOD is
> overwhelming.  The web page on Semantics for Interoperable Systems
> addresses theoretical issues of logic, ontology, and methodologies.
> The four section headings indicate the topics:    (01)

They shouldn't be. It should simply be a case of putting the following
to use:    (02)

1. Identifying Agents using HTTP URIs that resolve to Agent Profile
Documents
2. Associating Identities with Identity Cards Claims (e.g., Public Key)
and Storage Location Preferences using Relations defined in relevant
ontologies
3. Protocol for Reading and Writing content over an HTTP network.
4. Document Content creation using RDF Statements that constrained by
Access Controls (based on relations defined in an Ontology)
5. Protocol for Reading and Writing content over an HTTP network.    (03)

I wrote a post about showcasing 1-5 above, in actual use [1]. You can
even use this approach to dynamically generate CORs headers for much
finer-grained control of Javascript execution in a browser.    (04)

The challenge right now is getting folks to think less about monolithic
applications (e.g., Wikis) and more about leveraging relations described
in ontologies, especially in regards to the Linked Open Data cloud.    (05)

Links:    (06)

[1]
http://kidehen.blogspot.com/2014/07/loosely-coupled-read-write-interactions.html    (07)

-- Loosely-Coupled Read-Write Operations on the Web    (08)

--
Regards,    (09)

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO