Re: [ontolog-forum] Apology [was AI Journal is now available for free do

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Eddy <deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 10:40:09 -0500
Phil -

On Nov 01, 2014, at 11:46 AM, John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good to see you yesterday & thanks for lunch.

For the record, following is a copy of my review.  Even though
it's over 20 years old, the points in it are still relevant, and
they apply equally well to many current projects in ontology:

   http://www.jfsowa.com/pubs/CycRev93.pdf

Great example here of what I want "yetAnotherLanguage" (today's name for current brain fart) on first page of that CycRev93.pdf.

"The Cyc project, started by Doug Lenant at MCC..."

"Cyc project"?  What's that?

"Doug Lenant"  who's that?

"MCC"  what does that acronym mean?

Sure, I can probably Google all of these or find in Wikipedia... but after I've read a stack of these papers in a day, how much will I remember?  Where in my hand written notes will I uncover the answers?

Better to have them in your handy-dandy iPhone personal project specific mini-encyclopedia "yetAnotherLanguage" tool.

There are several dozen Flash card apps in the Apple AppStore.  Great market research.

- David