Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology vs KR

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Patrick Cassidy" <pat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 01:51:13 -0400
Regardkg A COMMENT OF John Sowa's:    (01)

[JS]:
> As soon as you admit that there are multiple representations and
tradeoffs, that implies that no single representation of any kind
(propositional or whatever) can be fundamental.    (02)

This sounds like saying that because no theory of physics captures the full
reality, there is **no** reality that can be approximated to a better or
worse degree.    (03)

I am not convinced that there are no fundamental elements (semantic
primitives) - rather, I imagine that there are increasingly  better
approximations, like physical theories, that can be elaborated or improved,
and, only occasionally, when necessary, deleted from the inventory (vide
phlogiston).    (04)

PatC    (05)

Patrick Cassidy
MICRA Inc.