Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology vs KR

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 00:40:34 +0000
One exception may be the foundations of mathematics (and logic) such as
Zermelo-Fraenkel set theory (ZFC) or variants, if you buy into them. Or perhaps
some category theory equivalent. This was/is the dream of many
foundationalists, going back to Russell (notwithstanding Goedel).  Is this
ontology? Well, yes, depending on how you slice logic/ontology.    (01)

Then of course for science, to gauge/adjudicate scientific theories, one gets
into philosophy of science issues such as theory succinctness, domain coverage,
easy/sound linkage to best other scientific theories (bridging), etc. Does this
apply to ontology? Yes.     (02)

Thanks,
Leo    (03)