Re: [ontolog-forum] IPR issues [was: Predicate Collections for Semantic

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 13:13:52 -0400
I think that    (01)

[ppy] true, but then, the poster also took advantage of the situation
and made self- or commercial- promotional remarks on his non-open
product.    (02)

  is a bit of a stretch based on what was on the pages cited.
It seemed that he was pointing out the advantage of the approach that he
had taken.
That is helpful to anyone regardless of whether it is part of a
commercial product or not.
I did not see any marketing material (pricing, availability, etc.) that
would constitute a commercial statement.    (03)

Good academic work usually requires an open mind to ideas regardless of
their source.
It is helpful to be aware of any interesting approach regardless of
whether it is available to be incorporated into open products or not.    (04)

My own preference is to be aware of other ideas.    (05)

Ron    (06)

--
Ron Wheeler
President