Re: [ontolog-forum] Requesting Opinions on the Benefits of Predicates as

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Mark H Linehan" <mhl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 08:22:27 -0400
I WISH that the SBVR designers had chosen to define it in terms of a system
with a sound semantic basis, such as CL/IKL.  But they that did not do that,
and show no signs of upgrading their approach.  Ed and I and the Date-Time
Vocabulary (DTV) team chose to define key aspects of DTV in CL + IKL, and in
UML + OCL, partly to ensure a firm semantic foundation for our work.    (01)

What I meant is that the "that" operator (in whatever semantic system /
language) is necessary for adequately capturing important aspects of real
business rules and vocabularies.    (02)

Mark    (03)