Re: [ontolog-forum] [External] Re: Defining everything in terms of relat

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew West" <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 19:29:22 -0000
Dear Kingsley,    (01)

> I am extracting it into a little doclet, as I do with a fair number of
> your posts.   And, yes, argument slot is what I mean by role, too, as
> the fundamental concept.
>
> This would be a fun paper to write.   I do think that there are ways
> of transforming somee of these senses of role into other ones, this
> might actually make it MORE important to understand which sense one is
> using.    (02)

I did actually write a paper on roles (from a 4D perspective) a few years
ago.    (03)

http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/publications/RolesFOMI2008.pdf?attredirects=0    (04)

It covers some, but not all the ways role is used that Ed identifies (and I
agree with). If you are thinking of writing a paper it also gives a start on
some of the literature in the area.    (05)

Regards    (06)

Matthew West
Information  Junction
Mobile: +44 750 3385279
Skype: dr.matthew.west
matthew.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.informationjunction.co.uk/
https://www.matthew-west.org.uk/
This email originates from Information Junction Ltd. Registered in England
and Wales No. 6632177.
Registered office: 8 Ennismore Close, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire,
SG6 2SU.    (07)