Re: [ontolog-forum] What the difference re., Data Dictionary, Ontology,

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Gary Berg-Cross <gbergcross@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 11:13:22 -0500
It is worth noting that there were data dictionaries circa 2005 or so in the various Enterprise Architecture efforts.  There was a Federal EA and a DoD one (DOD ARCHITECTURE FRAMEWORK VERSION 2.0 or DODAF.

In DODAF the Data Dictionary is the repository of architecture data that include definitions of all terms used in all architecture.

Gary Berg-Cross, Ph.D.
NSF INTEROP Project
SOCoP Executive Secretary
Knowledge Strategies