Re: [ontolog-forum] fitness of XML for ontology(WAS: [ontology-summit] T

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Duane Nickull <duane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 09:23:23 -0800
Rich:    (01)

An XML parser has nothing to do with client server architecture nor is
such implied. It *can* be used within CS architectures but there is no
dependence on such.  XML parsing also does not require that a network is
present of any type.    (02)

Parsing is simply "reading" without understanding.  The only thing that
matters is that the XML is well formed or, in the case of a schema or DTD
validation required, is compliant with the rules expressed in such.  Where
or why the XML is being parsed is simply orthogonal to the parsing.    (03)

I know it has a very large following as I have personally been involved
since almost day one ;-)    (04)

Unfortunately, it is relatively easy to develop one's own XML based
dialect and this was a relatively popular activity through much of the
late 1990's and early 2000's.  For some reason, a lot of the people
developing the XML dialects wanted others to see their work.    (05)

XML and JSON are both here to stay.    (06)

If anyone wants to know how they are parsed and how DOM structures are
built, I am happy to donate a couple of hours to be a guest on one of the
weekly calls to explain this so we are all on the same page.    (07)

Best wishes,    (08)

Duane    (09)

***********************************
Technoracle Advanced Systems Inc.
Consulting and Contracting; Proven Results!
i.  Neo4J, PDF, Java, LiveCycle ES, Flex, AIR, CQ5 & Mobile
b. http://technoracle.blogspot.com
t.  @duanenickull    (010)

NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential
information. If you are the intended recipient, please consider this a
privileged communication, not to be forwarded without explicit approval
from the sender.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any
copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other
than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal. The
originator reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through
its networks for quality control purposes.    (011)

On 2014-02-03 9:50 PM, "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    (012)