Re: [ontolog-forum] Semantic Waste

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 11:09:10 -0400
On 9/10/2013 10:05 AM, Hassan Aït-Kaci wrote:
> If you have 43 mins to waste [literally!] - check out:
>
> http://technologyvoice.com/2013/09/04/deciphering-the-semantic-web-video    (01)

Kingsley:
> 1. Internet -- machine network...
> 2. World Wide Web of Documents...
> 3. World Wide Web of Data -- entity network where entities have names mapped
> to descriptors (description oriented entity relationship graph content) via
>HTTP URIs.
>
> Personally, I liked the presentation.
>
> One last thing, re. #2 and #3:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OM6XIICm_qo#t=70 --
>HTTP URL based Denotation .    (02)

The 43 minute version appears to be a nice, boring summary of the
SW party line.  (I don't know about the last 35 minutes.  It didn't
let me skip forward.)    (03)

The last URL above points to a 17-minute TED talk by Tim Berners-Lee.
It's more entertaining, and it saves 26 minutes.    (04)

But both talks ignore all the R & D on AI and NLP.  There is a more
efficient and flexible way to get a web of annotated data links:
Derive them from the data.    (05)