Re: [ontolog-forum] Semantic Waste

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Eddy <deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 14:03:04 -0400
Kingsley -

On Sep 11, 2013, at 1:53 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

 There is a more
efficient and flexible way to get a web of annotated data links:
Derive them from the data.

There's enough linkage information in the data?

What about the systems themselves?  Aren't they the machine tools that form the data as it flows through the organizations?

I've been aware of several efforts to reverse engineer systems just from the data... none have actually gotten traction to my knowledge.  Often there are just too many exceptions actually in the data... e.g. "on Wednesdays a 42 in this field actually means something different than what 42 means the other 6 days of the week."

David Eddy
Babson Park, MA

deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx