Re: [ontolog-forum] Amazon vs. IBM: Big Blue meets match in battle for t

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ray Martin <marsaviator@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 19:35:45 -0400
AWS is available for private testing and production - called Eucalyptus

On Jul 24, 2013, at 7:03 PM, Simon Spero <sesuncedu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM, John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Amazon is the default provider for cloud computing (no-one ever got fired for choosing AWS). They have a major data-center conveniently located in Ashburn, which is close to Reston and the Ninja Librarians.  They are building more SCIF space at that site.

Search is a very minor part of the AWS ecosystem.  The main services are the EC2 compute nodes, and the S3 storage service.  They also have a content distribution network, but they are not dominant in the marketplace.

If you want to serve linked data from the cloud, you can spin up pre-build virtuoso machines (I expect Kingsley Idehen will have already mentioned this).

All nodes have  access to freebase and dbpedia data sets. Many pre-build linux images have swi-prolog installed.

In 2006 Paul McCartney turned 64, which is 2^6.   Are we to believe that this is mere coincidence?

Yours,

The Walrus.