Re: [ontolog-forum] What is the role of an upper level ontology?

To: <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: jmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 11:03:24 -0700

John Sowa is answering this in a cross-post

On 19.05.2013 11:01, jmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

(1) team is-part-of club - ok

(2) club is-part-of federation - should be QUALIFIED club is-part-of federation

(3) not every such clubs' team is-part-of federation - true, because not every club is qualified.

So I'm still looking for a plain example of a "non-transitive part relation" about which apparently everyone here has an intuitive understanding but, to me, seems kinda squirrelly.

thanks - jmc