Re: [ontolog-forum] Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis

To: doug@xxxxxxxxxx, "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Steven Ericsson-Zenith <steven@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 13:45:30 -0800

On Feb 26, 2013, at 10:37 AM, "doug  foxvog" <doug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    (01)

> We move here from "programmer" to "good programmer".      (02)

I understand the point you go on to make and it was a part of my concern at the
time. But actually we move from "poor language design" to "good language
design" and a need to understand the effects that language design has upon its
users. My thesis was aimed at language designers and computer architects. It
was not really targeted at programmers. Although I have no doubt that
programmers will benefit from understanding the issues.    (03)

Best regards,
Steven    (04)