Re: [ontolog-forum] FW: Big Data Logic Stack?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Sjir Nijssen <Sjir.Nijssen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 16:26:11 +0000

Hi William,

Indeed the distinction between the world of the objects (entities, things) and the world of the names (references, labels) for the things as well as their connection is a fundamental aspect of conceptual modeling as defined in ISO TR9007 (1987).

In one part of ISO TR9007 there is the distinction between NOLOTs (Non Lexical Object Types) and LOTs (Lexical Object types) and their connection.

Regards

Sjir Nijssen

Chief Technical Officer

PNA Group