Re: [ontolog-forum] Realist Ontology in Mainstream Media

To: Barry Smith <phismith@xxxxxxxxxxx>, ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 12:03:47 -0800
> [BS] from: SIRI RISING: The Inside Story Of Siri's Origins
>
>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2013/01/22/siri-do-engine-apple-iphone_n_2499165.html    (01)

[ppy] Thank you, Barry. This is a *really* great article on Siri,
CALO, and some of the people who made these things happen.    (02)

For those who still remember, Tom Gruber and Adam Cheyer (both members
of this community) were here at the Ontolog Forum telling us what's
under the hood in Siri [1], back in 2010 (this happened two months
before Apple bought out Siri; after that, the technology starts
shrouded behind the typical secrecy that Apple applies to anything new
that they do), and a few years before that, Adam Cheyer was here
giving a talk on CALO [2] as well.    (03)

  [1] "Siri: An Ontology-driven Application for the Masses" -
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2010_02_25    (04)

  [2] "Ontology Management in CALO, a Cognitive Assistant that Learns
and Organizes" - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_05_04    (05)

Thanks & regards. =ppy