Re: [ontolog-forum] Fwd: Breaking news: GoodRelations now fully integrat

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 12:13:12 -0500
On 11/13/12 11:12 AM, John F Sowa wrote:
> Bottom line:  The current SW tools and notations will survive
> for a while, but Schema.org is where mainstream IT is heading.
>
> John
But this isn't the fundamental problem.    (01)

The problem always boils down to webby data object representation,
access, and relationship semantics that scales to the Web. Once in
place, we have a functional global data space that accommodates
intensional and extensional data interaction. Basically, we end up with
Data as a new kind of Electricity conducted via hyperlinks.    (02)

The above isn't specific to any format, as you know. It has everything
to do with the following, functioning at Web-scale:    (03)

1. Entity Relationship Model
2. Entity Relationship Semantics
3. Instances of Entity Relationship Graphs linked across a variety of
boundaries.    (04)

The Web as it exists is evolving into what I've outlined above at
frenetic pace.    (05)

Facebook has a Billion profiles and much more from its data space alone
(they serve up JSON or Turtle content). Then you add the Linked Open
Data cloud which is in excess of 55 Billion triples, and then close all
of this out with instance data for Schema.org and what I am claiming is
pretty obvious i.e., it's already happening as we reached the point of
critical mass pass a long time ago :-)    (06)

Regards,    (08)

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software