Re: [ontolog-forum] Fwd: Breaking news: GoodRelations now fully integrat

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 09:31:32 -0800
John,    (01)

While I seldom disagree with with you, I would like to point out that
your statement, "The major goal of Ontolog Forum is to develop
logic-based methods for representing and using formal ontologies,"
represents only part of the ONTOLOG mission.    (02)

I would defer to the ONTOLOG Charter - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidB
... which, among other things, states that, at the Ontolog Forum, we will:
"Discuss practical issues and strategies associated with the
development and application of both formal and informal ontologies."
... and, of course, consistent with what both you and w3c folks are
pushing (albeit in different manners), we will:
"Strive to advance the field of ontological engineering and semantic
technologies, and to help move them into main stream applications."    (03)

Thanks & regards. =ppy
Peter Yim
Co-convener, ONTOLOG