Re: [ontolog-forum] Person, Organization, and Citizens United vs. The Fe

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew West" <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 22:35:38 +0100
Dear Gian Piero,    (01)

> Dear John,
>
> You are missing the central point of the discussion with Doug Foxvog,
> which concerned the theoretical and practical opportunity of adopting
> solutions in the "qua-individuals" style for getting rid of the
> problems concerning a sound definition and representation of the notion
> of role.
> And, in spite of Doug's objections, I maintain that endorsing a wild
> proliferation of individuals sine necessitate does not represent a
> correct methodological approach to the problem.     (02)

MW: You have not explained why it is not correct. Why is it important that a
record is say a temporal relationship rather than a qua-individual? Would
you have the same objection if it were a state?    (03)

MW: I disagree that there is a proliferation of records, for accidental
properties you have to  have some record that represents the period of time
the object has the accidental property. The rest is just about what you want
to call it.    (04)

Regards    (05)

Matthew West
Information  Junction
Tel: +44 1489 880185
Mobile: +44 750 3385279
Skype: dr.matthew.west
matthew.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.informationjunction.co.uk/
http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/    (06)

This email originates from Information Junction Ltd. Registered in England
and Wales No. 6632177.
Registered office: 2 Brookside, Meadow Way, Letchworth Garden City,
Hertfordshire, SG6 3JE.    (07)